LGO’s mission is to develop a vibrant outdoor community at Lake Gaston focusing on ‘human powered’ fun activities including paddle sports, hiking and cycling – our dedication to the highest quality experience is delivered with a sense of community, friendliness, pride and company spirit in our store and our events. The Store Manager takes responsibility for delivering this experience for all guests in our store.
What You Will Do:
The primary responsibilities of the Store Manager are to determine and maintain optimal staffing levels, recruit, hire, educate, and motivate a team of brand advocates.
- Lead by example. Set expectations with the staff so that the shopping experience is consistently superior for every shopper. Uses Mann Group’s GEAR training as a tool.
- Maintains the highest level of visual presentation with products, fixtures, store maintenance, lighting and signage. Leads this through a team effort.
- Must be a team player that works well with others.
- Listens to and understands customer’s wants and needs.
- Builds long-lasting relationships by serving our customers, not just trying to make sales.
- Committed to achieving the store’s sales goals through training, sales floor coaching and supporting the efforts of the staff.
- The Store Manager assists in building a team. This includes hiring, motivation, discipline, scheduling and reviews.
- You are a lifelong learner and has the heart of a teacher. Passionate about the outdoors. Are empathetic, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Take pride in and maintain the overall appearance of the store, warehouse and rental operations. Recognizes that the Store is the physical center of a much larger experience that is the Lake Gaston Outfitters lifestyle. LGO sets the standard that others seek to follow.
What You Bring:
- Experience in a specialty retail environment, outdoor apparel industry or experience with outdoor equipment sales preferred
- Associate Degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred but not required
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales and profit results
- Regularly interacts with the public in an often crowded and noisy interactive store environment
- Proficient computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and software programs
- High level of customer service delivery in a retail environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business; will require weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Operate office equipment and technology (i.e., computers, phones, fax, copier, etc.)
- Standing required for entire work shift
- Bend, lift, open, and move product up to 50 pounds as needed
Please email us your resume and qualifications at firstname.lastname@example.org