Maxxis Ikon Tire - 29 x 2.2, Clincher, Folding, Black, 3C Maxx Speed, EXO
The Ikon is for true racers looking for a lightweight race tire. With 3C Triple Compound Technology, high-volume casing and a fast rolling tread design, the Ikon provides exemplary performance in all riding conditions.
The Maxxis Ikon rolls fast and has ample tread to provide secure traction in varied conditions.
- Ramped center knobs roll fast and provide excellent traction for climbing and braking
- Progressive shoulder lugs deliver secure traction in the corners
- Intended use: hardpack, loose, loose over hard, medium
- EXO protection on sidewalls for extreme cut and abrasion resistance while remaining lightweight and highly flexible
- 3C triple compound construction features a harder base rubber layer and two progressively softer top layers to maximize performance
- 3C Maxx Speed compounds are specially formulated to reduce rolling resistance and optimize treadwear and traction
- Use of sealants with this tire will void the warranty
- 120 tpi
- Size: 29 x 2.2
- TPI: 120
- Tire Bead: Folding
An extremely cut-resistant and abrasion-resistant material added to the sidewalls. This densely woven fabric is also lightweight and highly flexible, ensuring that the performance of the tire remains unaffected. EXO protection is great for exceptionally rocky, treacherous trails where the chance of sidewall cuts and abrasions is high.
3C Max Speed -
Maxxis 3C Triple Compound mountain technology uses a harder, longer lasting base layer and two progressively softer top layers in order to optimize traction and stability. Maxxis offers three different configurations of the 3C Triple Compound mountain technology: MaxxSpeed, MaxxTerra and MaxxGrip.
Max Speed is used primarily in cross country and enduro tires, the two compounds in the outer layer are specially formulated to reduce rolling resistance and optimize treadwear and traction.